lunes, 18 de junio de 2018

El Jimagua - I was born homosexual - a poem of reaffirmation of sexual identity

 As I was born, so I will die; homosexual


I was born homosexual, 

i have always known.
I was born duck; 
that's what my friends said 
I was born faggot;
that's how they described someone like me on the radio.
I was born a demon; 
they called me in the church. 
I was born promiscuous;
it is not easy to love being pointed. 
I was born fear
in silence I am loving.
I was born a lie
the society to a double life has bowed me.
I was born adulterer 
in the night my instinct is tamed me.
 I was born a grudge
 for the time that homophobia has taken from me. 
I was born sorry 
society is the victim of a generalized fundamentalism. 
I was born passion 
if they saw how he and I love each other. 
I was born wish 
with my partner to be able to walk hand in hand. 
I was born wanting 
it is reliable, our hearts are still dreaming. 
I was born equity
that your rights are mine, without my identity go asking.
I was born sin 
once again a religious has condemned me.
I was born truth 
I am who I am, and that has never changed.I was born a son of the one they call God; 
if he has created me that way. 
I was born Homosexual; 
and homosexual I have to die inside or outside the closet. 

Written by Francisco J. Cartagena Méndez - The Jimagua 
Comments to: eljimagua@live.com / Twitter: @eljimagua  All rights reserved3/26/2011

No hay comentarios: